Seroma After Pure Tumescent Liposuction On Belly? (photo)

I have pure tumescent lipo suction exactly a month ago and my belly still sticks out and is not flat. I have dropped a trouser size from a 34 waist to 32, and lost weight every where else except my belly, which is what happened anyways before i did the surgery when i exercise. Could this big belly be due to swelling or seroma and can it create the above results. I have posted a picture of my belly sticking out and sucked in.

Seroma aftet tumescent liposuction

+1

It's impossible to diagnose a seroma with your photos. You need an examimation by a plastic surgeon. Swelling, however, always persists for more than one month, and all of the swelling will not subside for several months. Any bleeding in the liposuctioned area can cause additional swelling or possibly you have more fat that can be liposuctioned. Using small cannulas, 3 mm or less, minimizes bleeding, and most surgeons use these now. If you don't see improvement in another month or so you should definitly visit your PS for a follow-up. I would expect your final result to be a flatter abdomin than your photos show.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after liposuction

+1

belly liposuction is very likely to cause swelling which can persist for a while, maybe months. u might wanna get a tighter compression garment and wear that more often to make sure all the swelling goes down and stays down. seromas after tumescent liposuction are rare but can happen. its best to have your PS evaluate you in person. it doesnt look like a seroma from the pics uve posted though 

Misbah Khan, MD

Seroma after liposuction is unusual.

+1

Having a seroma after liposuction without creating a large open space under the skin as in a tummy tuck is very unusual. It could be swelling of the tissue or even some residual fatty tissue. I would suggest contacting your surgeon and being evaluated so your question and concerns may be addressed.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and abdomen

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what is going on. Very commonly there is a lot of swelling that may persist for several months. At one month it is a bit too early to tell.

Liposuction

+1

Seroma could be a risk after any method of liposuction. In a slim person it is easy to make the diagnosis. If there is any question then a sonogram will confirm the diagnosis and may insert a drain under sonogram guidance.