Will a Series of Fraxel Restore Work for These Scars?

I want to get Fraxel Restore for acne scarring... however I read the treatment ineffective for certain types of scars; will it work for these scars?

Fraxel and Acne Scars

+1

Yes, your type of scars will definitely improve with Fraxel.  It is fair to say you can expect a 40-60% improvement with 4 to 5 treatments.  I always recommend you to have your treatments spaced out 4 to 6 weeks apart for best results and depending how aggressive your provider is with the settings.. 

Good luck. 

Dr. Grant Stevens    

Web reference: http://marinaplasticsurgery.com/

Fraxel Re:Store works well for acne scars

+1

THese scars have relatively soft sloping edges and are not too deep.I would expect them to respond to Fraxel Re:store.Generally 4 treatment sessions will result in about 50% improvement.These treatments do not crust or peel so there is no downtime for wound care.However the Fraxel Re:Pair is more aggressive , requiring 6-10 days initial healing time, but 1 treatment is roughly equal to 3 or 4 treatments with Fraxel Re:Store.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractional erbium laser resurfacing can improve acne scars

+1

Fractional laser resurfacing works by vaporizing tiny columns of skin in the treated area.  The surrounding non-treated skin contracts around the vaporizied column.  There is also stimulation of new collagen production.  Together both of these do improve acne scarring. 

Several sessions may be required for excellent improvement.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

A better choice is subcision and Fraxel Repair Laser.

+1

The Fraxel Repair laser combined with subcision may improve these scars by greater than 75% in a single treatment.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep acne scars and Fraxel restore

+1

Certainly, this laser will not make these scars worse, and it is likely that there will be improvement.  I always caution my patients that these are very deep scars and no matter what treatment is employed, I think the patient will ALWAYS see these scars.  Hopefully, treatment will result in making them less noticeable to others.  That said, I think you might have equally good results, probably better, with the far less expensive, but also less sexy than using a new laser, alternative of Silikon 1000 microdroplet injections individually and expertly placed below each scar in divided treatments.

Web reference: http://www.kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Choosing the best laser for acne scarring

+1

Acne scarring is treatable, but is also one of the more challenging types of scarring to treat. While various methods that can help improve it abound, fractionated non-ablative and fractionated ablative lasers are 2 of the best. There is much confusion surrounding the best lasers for acne scarring, and laser manufacturers haven't helped by naming their different devices similarly.

Fractionated non-ablative (Fraxel Re:store is one type) lasers can help improve acne scarring with minimal downtime, but take several (often 5 or more) treatment sessions.

Fractionated ablative (Fraxel Re:pair is one type) lasers improve acne scarring even more with fewer sessions, usually one or two, but have more downtime. Often a week is need for skin to heal and redness will persist for a few weeks, but acne scar improvment is better than that seen with non-ablative lasers.

Choose an experienced dermatologic surgeon who treats acne scarring, as lasers may be only one tool in the necessary armamentarium, depending on the patient's individual scars.

Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon