Why Surgery Leave Such a Big Long Scars?

Am interested in my lower abdomen to do but scared of scars, and if get pregnant would your belly blow out big again .

Tummy Tuck is Only as Long as It Needs to Be

I only make the scar as long as it needs to be.  In some patients, I can shorten the scar to about 1/2 the length. 

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Tummy Tuck; Scars and Future Pregnancies?

Every surgical procedure has its pros/cons.  The upside with tummy tuck surgery is improvement of the abdominal wall contour and removal of excess skin/adipose tissue. The downside of the operation is the presence of a scar along the lower abdominal wall and around the umbilicus. Patients need to weigh the benefit/risks  of the procedure to determine whether it is the right course of action for them personally.

The “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her,  is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

Generally speaking, patients are able to have normal pregnancies after tummy tuck surgery.   
Depending on the weight gain/loss,  changes in skin elasticity,  genetics etc.  revisionary surgery may be necessary after the pregnancy. This is a situation where only time will tell.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

No substitute for tummy tuck for loose skin

Once the skin has been stretched and has stretch marks from pregnancy, it will not return to normal. Nonsurgical treatments have the advantage of no scar but they do not tighten skin significantly, same for laser liposuction. The scar from a tummy tuck should be low enough to be concealed with a bikini.

Richard Baxter, MD

6100 219th St SW
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

To take out extra skin, scars are necessary. And the scars continue along the lower abdomen for as far as there is extra skin. Seldom is this less than pelvic bone to pelvic bone, which you can feel along the outer part of the lower abdomen. 

If you get pregnant, your abdomen with distend, and may or may not return to the pre-pregnancy state after the delivery. If you are planning a pregnancy soon, I would advise waiting on the tummy tuck.

Thanks, and best wishes. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004