Septum Hematoma?

It's been been 10 days since I had my rhinoplasty and both sides wall of my septum are very swollen. It does not hurt. However, I can barely breath out but I can absolutely not breath in. Is this normal? Is this a case of septum hematoma?

Septum Hematoma?

+1

Is it very difficult to see the septum from the photos provided but a Septal Hematoma is a serious issue that can cause injury and dissolution of the supporting nasal septal cartilage.  For that reason you should have the nose examined by your Rhinoplasty Surgeon ASAP.  

Septal hematoma

+1

It is difficult to tell you if you have a septal hematoma from the photos, but if you have one it is an emergency and should be evaluated.

Septal Hematoma

+1

Call your plastic surgeon's office to evaluate this.  If you have a septal hemartoma, you need to have the area drained as soon as possible.  Hopefully you already did this.

Septal Hematoma is a Rhinologic Emergency

+1

A septal hematoma is an emergency. It is very important to drain the collection of blood and make sure the underlying cartilage is viable and no infection develops. If you suspect something like this it is best  to go the the nearest emergency department immediately for consultation.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon