Septum and Hanging Columella & Projecting?

Dr.'s what kind of lift does a hanging columella get from shortening the caudal septum1-2mm and trimming 2mm off anterior media crura caudally?Seems like a lot has been removed too me. Also,If your doctor slightly increases projection with a projection control suture; can it cause the tip to appear lifted at all? OR is the lifted appearance from a cephalic trim or columellar strut?Tip was not to be rotated or lifted! I have already spoken w/my Dr. and got nowhere-I am 3 months post-op/Revision.

Post op rhino

+1

You have a lot of questions. Obviously you are post op a rhinoplasty and not quite sure what was done or what to make of it. If you can send photos it would really enable e to give you some reasonable imput.

Questions about nasal surgery

+1

Your questions are of a very analytical and technical nature but I am only guessing about what your real question is. What is it about your nose that is bothering you? Did you have only a tip rhinoplasty? Was your goal to correct a poor lip to columella relationship and improve tip projection without lifting the tip? I agree that a 2 mm excision of both structures seems like a lot. But doing rhinoplasty surgery is an art form in which the execution is more than the sum of the maneuvers. You need to wait a minimum of 6 months to a year or more for the early results. You hopefully chose your surgeon after some research regarding his or her experience and expertise in rhinoplasty. Your surgeon should be able to help with your concerns and reassure you but if you are not confident with this then ask around for someone who will.

David R. Stephens, MD

Questions regarding details of revision rhinoplasty

+1

If you are only three months post op, I highly advise you to wait. The tip may drop some and look fine as the tissues normalize. The final result at one year is optimum to evaluate. Yes, tip rotation can occur from a stitch and cephalic trim, etc.

Good luck!

Ahmed Abdullah, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Complex rhinoplasty question

+1

i want to commend you on your detailed investigation of what was done to your nose.

a few comments - three months may still be too early to pass judgement on the appearance as final.

and generally rhinoplasty is like a chess match.  all of the manuevers are inter-related.

so the answer to your questions may vey well be yes.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Hanging columella, revision, etc.

+1

Your surgeon should answer these questions since he knows what he did--if not get a second opinion from a revision rhinopasty surgeon.