Will be doing septorhinoplasty but have different Dr opinions (Photo)

Which to choose for surgery.I'm 37yo. All different advice. 1st one Want adenoid removed reduce turbinates need septo Cadaver cartilage graft-interval valve open nose surgery. See expected nose pic next visit for $150.No before/aftr pics. 2nd no surgery recommend.I have grass&mold allergies. 3rd don't have adenoid don't need septo use ear cartilage graft-internal nasal valve Need turbinte reduced Close nose surgery 4th don't have adenoid Need septo no turbint reduction cartilage graft

Best to Get More Opinions for Best Septorhinoplasty

+1
Hi Liddyn,

Unfortunately you should get another opinion (or two!)  There is way too much difference in opinion.  I would stay away from cadaver cartilage.  I would be happy to give you an expert opinion, but would have to examine your nose.  Good luck and be well.

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino, CA

Rhinoplasty opinions

+1
You sure have a variety of opinions.  What I have noticed in all the desciptions is that everyone wants to make the procedure more complicated than it needs to be.  Turbinate reduction is actually quite helpful with breathing problems and I commonly perform it with rhinoplasty.  Cartilage grafts I almost never use.  I usually go for the simple approach personally, but it sounds to me that you are not really comfortable with any of the recommendations thus far.  I certainly wouldn't go to a surgeon who has no photos to show you.  Don't agree to surgery unless you are 100 percent comfortable with the surgeon, their experience, and recommendations.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Wow--no wonder patients are confused about rhinoplasty.

+1
Wow--no wonder patients are confused about rhinoplasty. This is not rocket science. 
1 no need for rib or ear cartilage if you have enough in your septum. 
2 the hump and bulbous tip can be done naturally without a "done look"
3 see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who has before-after photos of his work or speak with his patients. 
4 see another revision rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Septorhinoplasty

+1
A septoplasty is performed for obstructing bone and cartilage on the back of the nose when there is medically documented obstruction of the airflow. There are many different reasons the patient had nasal obstruction and these include valve collapse, vestibular stenosis, allergies, turbinate hypertrophy, and allergies. Each one of these is treated differently. The septoplasty procedure is usually submitted to patient's medical insurance once medical necessity has been documented.
A rhinoplasty procedure is cosmetic and must be paid for by the patient.  Placement of a spreader graft on the concave  side after  harvesting of septal cartilage and insertion underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage can help with breathing and cosmetic. Adenoids typically disappear at puberty, so they're usually not an issue  with rhinoplasty. Allergies can make the turbinates enlarged so they should be treated with allergy testing,  allergy shots nasal sprays and antihistamines. If  the patient has failed medical therapy, then consideration for turbinate surgery is in order. for many examples and more information and our rhinoplasty photo gallery, please see the link below

Nasal surgery

+1
If your question is regarding both function and appearance, and if we are talking about a revision -then Ill bet you need a revision septorhino, with rib cartilage graft, and a turbinate reduction.  I am going out on a limb here as I have not examined you, but my comments are based on the little information you have provided and the my experience with patients i think might be similar to you.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

Will be doing septorhinoplasty but have different Dr opinions .

+1
Are your goals functional or cosmetic?  Or Both?  Do not do anything until you have a clear understanding about your surgery.  Seek other opinions until you are clear on your goals.  Consult with Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Multiple opinions: what to do?

+1
This is a great post.  You have gotten multiple opinions but they are different and you don't know what to do.  STOP don't do anything until you have a clear and confidant plan that makes sense to you!  You did not state what your problem was?  functional breathing or aesthetic?

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon