Just Had a Septorhinoplasty, How Long Till I Will Feel Better?

I just had a Septorhinoplasty at sick kids hospital today. I'm 16 years old. How long until I will feel better? Until I should return to school? Would I be allowed to return ice skating after about a month or so providing a wear a hockey helmet with a face mask? Thanks, M

When will I feel beeter after septorhinoplasty?

+1

Each person takes a differnent amount of time to recover.  As we get older it seems to take longer.  After the 1st or second week you should be feeling pretty good.  I use internal splints that come out at  10 to 14 days.  I have not used packing for many years.  As for full contact sports you should clear that with your surgeon.

Septorhinoplasty healing

+1

Dear Mendy, You should feel better in just a few days. Rhinoplasty surgery is typically not very painful and the chief complaint from patients is mouth breathing for a few days. I would allow your return to school within a week when the splint was removed providing you took care not to do any excessive physical education. As far as hockey goes you will have to discuss that with your surgeon and when he/she will allow you to return to the sport. I have a few hockey players as patients and they all came in for repair of trauma to the nose from hockey! So be careful protect your investment and health. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD