Septorhinoplasty, Burning Sensation when I Come in Contact with Outside Air

I had a septorhinoplasty 3 weeks ago, and everytime i live the house my nose becomes stuffy and starts to sting (almost a burning sensation)...the feeling goes away only when i go back home, could it be air from outside? what can i do to alleviate the discomfort?

Septorhinoplasty healing

+2
Since you live in Southern California and are not dealing with cold weather conditions which can sometimes be irritating you may be having some allergic reactions. The pollen counts are fairly high and things are in early bloom with our winter being so mild. Post septorhinoplasty you may be sensitive to some of these outside conditions. Speak with your surgeon and discuss your concerns he/she may suggest a simple saline spray or something else to help with your congestion. Best regards and remember you are very early in the post operative phase and healing will get better daily.

Sensitive nose

+1

It is not unusual for the nose to be sensitive to outside conditions (cold, dry, dusty, etc) in the first few months after surgery

Sam Naficy, MD