I have repaired my deviated septum. Would I benefit from a Septorhinoplasty? (photo)

I was told I need surgery to repair my deviated septum. Ever since I was little, I have been insecure of the size of my nose. I was considering getting rhinoplasty, but now that I have to have my septum repaired, I was wondering if I would benefit from septorhinoplasty. What do you think?

Septoplasty and rhinoplasty are 2 completely different procedures

+2
A septoplasty is performed for obstructing cartilage and bone the back of the nose that is causing a reduction in airflow. This is submitted to the patient's medical insurance once medical necessity has been documented.
The rhinoplasty procedure is a personal one, and  only you make the decision whether or not to perform a rhinoplasty procedure. If the size of the nose really bothers you a lot, then consider performing the rhinoplasty.
For many examples and more information, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo  gallery to get an idea what can be accomplished with the procedure

Best Rhinoplasty at Same Time as Septoplasty…Septorhinoplasty

+2
Hi M,

If the size of your nose bothers you then rhinoplasty is the procedure for you.  It can be performed at the same time as your septal correction.  From the photos that you have posted it appears that rhinoplasty will help, but stay away from that mustache and dark glasses drawn on your face.  Please be sure to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

You can get a Rhinoplasty & Septoplasty Performed at Once

+1
If the size and shape of your nose bothers you then a rhinoplasty can help you achieve the result you are looking for. At the same time a septoplasty can be performed if you having breathing issues, in fact the septoplasty can sometimes be covered by your insurance.

Mitchell F. Grasseschi, MD

I have repaired my deviated septum. Would I benefit from a Septorhinoplasty?

+1
The nose can be refined at the time of the septoplasty through a closed approach without any visible scars.

Correcting Functional and Cosmetic Nasal Problems

+1
If you're going to have surgery to improve your nasal breathing and want to change the appearance of your nose it would be foolish not to do both at the same time. Everything can be accomplished with one operation and one recovery; therefore it will be safer. It will also be less expensive.

Septorhinoplasty?

+1
The answer depends on your desires. If you would like a straight nose, your a great candidate for both procedures simultaneously. The septal cartilage can be used as grafts to shape and support the tip.

cheers

David Shifrin, MD