Septorhinoplasty 14 Days Ago to Correct Deviated Septum and Subtle Aesthetics Changes?

I had surgery 14 days ago to correct a severely deviated septum. I also asked for VERY VERY subtle changes to my hump and my slightly boxy tip. I chose a surgeon in London who's patients have very natural results. My hump is nice and straight not overdone, but I am very depressed with my tip: I specifically asked for a slightly rounder tip but I can see that after cast removal 5 days ago my tip looks as if someone is holding it on either side & narrow:((( PS advised me to be patient.

14 days post rhinoplasty

+2

At 14 days post rhinoplasty you are still swollen. You need to give it time to heal before worrrying too much how the tip looks right now.

Rhinoplasty changes

+2

It is too early in the process to assess your results.  Please allow at least 2-3 months for resolution of the majority of swelling and be sure to have good communication and follow up with your surgeon so that your concerns may be addressed. 
Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD
Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early results are hard to hang your hat on

+1

As you can see on this board, many patients are concerned about the results they see in the immediate days/weeks after rhinoplasty.  It is simply too early to tell.  Hopefully over the next few weeks/months you will see the result you wished for.  Keep the communication lines with your surgeon open during this time.  Best of luck to you!

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Swelling following rhinoplasty can persist for up to 1 year or longer.  In the first few days or weeks, the swelling is near maximal, and the tip is hard to assess.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Needs more time

+1

Hello. At fourteen days you are still far from your final results and I would advise you to be patient. Rhinoplasty patients will not see the true outcome of their surgery until roughly one year after the initial operation. Any unsatisfactory results can be attributed to swelling at this point.
Jaime Perez, M.D.
Rhinoplasty specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Nasal Tip Changes

+1

I think it takes a full 6 months to see subtle changes to the nasal tip after rhinoplasty.  Be patient and do not expect perfection or else you will be disappointed.  Good luck and let us know how it turns out. 

Steven Holzman, MD