I Wanted to Get a Septo-rhinoplasty Done to Improve my Breathing, Sinus and Also Appearance of my Nose?

I am from India and most drs in Houston TX probably have experience working on Caucasian noses. Every ethnicity has diff nose and diff general face structure. I am just worried that they will try to fix my nose just like a Caucasian nose. I have seen 3 drs until now. I have narrowed down to 2, due to their experience in facial plastic surgery and ENT background which will help with the medical part. I am just not sure about the Rhino part and also how to communicate what exactly I need. Any suggestions?

Ethnic rhinoplasty concerns

+2

You are correct there are significant cultural factors which influence aesthetics and these aesthetics can very between ethnic groups. Being in NYC many of my patients have your same concerns. It is also important to visit a surgeon who can improve your functional nasal concerns as well. In Houston two great facial plastic surgeons are Drs Yalamanchili and Kridel. 

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improved breathing through the nose

+1

Dear SVP,

• You can have the surgeon morph a new nose for you
  • From there you can tell if you and he have the same aesthetic goals
  • It can all be done at the same time

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Effective communication between surgeon and patient regarding goals of rhinoplasty

+1

One tool that works very effectively to align the vision and aesthetic goals of the patient and the surgeon is computer morphing.  Especially when done by the surgeon, the images can serve as a sort of reference to gauge the aesthetic sense of the doctor by the patient, and vice versa.  If your surgeon thinks a "white" nose will look good on you, then you'll very quickly pick this up from the computer rendering he/she does.  Communicate your goals clearly during your consultation, and use computer morphing to serve as a measure of how clearly you are understood. 

Getting septo-rhinoplasty to improve appearance and function

+1

I find that preoperative digital morphing is a great way to communicate what changes you are interested in seeing in your nose. It also allows your surgeon to relay what level of changes is possible.

Check out my web reference link below to learn more about digital morphing in rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyinseattle.com/rhinoplasty-stages/computer-simulation

Rhino, Septo, Sinus Surgery

+1

A facial plastic surgeon with a background in ENT/Head and Neck surgery would be a wise choice so that all of your concerns could be addressed in one surgery.  To communicate your desires for the rhinoplasty part, please seek a board certified specialist who can spend time with you in consultation and also morph your photo to show you what he/she thinks.  This morphing on the computer can serve as a way for you to communicate what your desire as you will be able to get a good idea of what to expect.

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Ethnic cosmetic rhinoplasty done with septum and sinus surgery

+1

A truly experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is sensitive to the anatomic and facial differences among patient's varying ethnicities. I would suggest finding an ENT/facial plastic surgeon that is comfortable and knowledgeable performing Endoscopic Sinus Surgery along with septorhinoplasty. Before and after pictures of patients of southwestern Asian descent would be desirable for you to review. I would ask what features of your nose you wish to keep or have slightly altered so that your ethnicity is retained. Nevertheless, most Indian noses are technically within the Caucasian racial (not geographic) type that also includes Semitic and Persian noses. These frequently have a hump, low radix and ptotic tip. With these principles in mind, I have no doubt you'll find the right surgeon.

Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for refinement of the nose.

+1

Choose the doctor who does noses that you like it's best to see a life patient before having the surgery who has a nose similar to yours.

Ethnic Septorhinoplasty

+1

Every gene pool has it's own differences in surgical needs for septorhinoplasty. During the consultation phase I always take into consideration everything about my patients including their ethnic background. These cultural genetics play an important part in providing the patient with a symmetrical and aesthetically balanced look to the entire face. I am ENT trained and Facial plastic surgery so whenever needed I always address both the function and the aesthetics of the nose. I also use a digital imaging computer during the consulting phase which allows me to show the patient the proposed surgical result. This may be helpful for you to open the discussion of what your expectations are and what the surgeons proposed aesthetics are. I have a large practice in ethnic rhinoplasty and it is important to address the differences in surgery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com