Septorhinoplasty - is What I Want Achievable? (photo)

The photo in the red is my 3/4 view left, ideally I'd like to match this side to the other. My 3/4 right side is the less attractive side due to the crookedness of my deviated septum. If I were to straighten the septum, remove the hump, would that be enough to achieve a desired look? My fear mostly is shortening the tip or even slimming out the bridge/tip simply because I can't predict the outcome as easily and I'm not sure how much that'll alter my appearance.

Septorhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty procedure involves taking the hump down to reduce the projection, and straighten an asymmetric nose.  The septoplasty involves straightening the internal portion of the nose to improve airflow dynamics when breathing.  With regards to the rhinoplasty, once the hump is removed, osteotomies need to be performed to straighten and narrow the resultant flat top nose.  There is imaging software available for patients to use at home in addition to in-office computer imaging during consultation to further communicate your expectations.

Web reference: http://www.facetouchup.com/virtual-plastic-surgery/l.php?id=portuese&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seattlefacial.com&ru=SeattleFacial.com&u

Predictable septorhinoplasty results

+1

It is certainly possible to achieve the results you are looking for without creating an overdone appearance. Your comments are relatively straightforward and what you are trying to achieve is a reasonable outcome of septorhinoplasty given your preoperative photos. I personally appreciate patients who want to achieve a more realistic outcome with their nose than those who are trying to create a specific look or to mimic another person. Good luck.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

it is very possible to improve your septum and your profile. you should go for a consultation with a surgeon.

Septorhinoplsty

+1

Dear Breanne,

I viewed your photographs and I think you would have a wonderful result with rhinoplasty. Septorhinoplasty is a combination of rhinoplasty the cosmetic portion of the nose and Septoplasty the functional aspects. With a direct examination an evaluation would be made for the functional aspects that need to be attained to procure proper breathing function. As far as the cosmetic portion I understand your desire to have a natural looking nose and this is easily achievable with the changes you desire. I personally use a digital imaging computer during my rhinoplasty consultations which allows me to show the patient their proposed surgical result. This would be helpful in showing you the simple alterations that would enhance your appearance while not altering it greatly. Please feel free to contact me for any further inquires. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Septo-rhinoplasty Is Not The Only Solution

+1

Dear Breanne,

Based in your photos it seems that you could benefit the most from nasal bump elimination, nasal tip de-projection; addressing one aspect of the nose requires additional modifications to make the major fit NATURALLY your facial features. 

In general, septo-rhinoplasty will achieve dual benefits: aesthetic improvement and better nasal breathing. 

Without physical examination it is not possible to determine what is the best approach for your nose; the main goal is that you end up with a nose that will complement your facial features and bring your facial beauty to another level.

Please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform your surgery (especially when being a delicate one) otherwise you will be increasing your risks of undergong additional corrective surgeries dramatically. 

Please feel free to visit the following website.

Te best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com