Septorhinoplasty Swelling Will Persist to a Year?

I'm a 20 year old male close to 4th week post op now. My plastic surgeon mentioned he only shoved my upper bone and he didn't really touch much on my tip as he said it was weak. BUT, my tip is very "heavy" and stiff and hard solid as rock. I've been looking thru that swelling can persist for a year. The question is - do you actually FEEL the swelling or it is purely the APPEARANCE? Because I don't wanna feel "heavy" and stiff on my face all year round - it's really affecting me. Please clarify.

Some swelling might persist for up to a year after rhinoplasty

+1

Its true that some swelling can persist for up to a year after a rhinoplasty procedure.  The sensation of stiffness or heaviness can be secondary to swelling as well.  Luckily, swelling goes away on its own with tim.

Dr. Remus Repta

Nasal tip softening after surgery

+1

It is true that swelling of the nasal tip can take up to a year to soften.  This is due primarily to the tenuous lymphatic drainage of this area of the nose.  Be patient.  Light massage may speed up the process a bit but don't expect changes overnight

Robert Zubowski, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Nasal surgery and tip

+1

Yes, the tip will be stiff from swelling for many months after nasal surgery, but it will soften up over time in  most cases.