Doctor Recommendation for Septorhinoplasty in San Francisco

I am looking for specific name recommendations of facial and plastic surgeons practicing in the Bay Area who are especially skilled in primary septorhinoplasty. Specifically, MD's who are known to specialize in rhinoplasty and/or present frequently on this subject at meetings. I've heard about Brunno Ristow who is a member of the Rhinoplasty Society but I'm looking for other names as well to meet with. Thanks for your input!

+2

I would recommend Umang Mehta, MD. He specializes in facial plastic surgery and has excellent experience with first-time and revision rhinoplasty.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

The ASPS website will provide a list of qualified board certified plastic surgeons in your area. Dr. Miguel Delgado and Dr. Scott Mosser are possibilities. Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area to find the one who best meets your needs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

How to pick a plastic surgeon.

+1

Tips on picking a Plastic Surgeon

1) Is the surgeon a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Members usually do a lot of cosmetic surgery.

2) Did you sense a commitment to excellence in the office. Did the surgeon spend a lot of time with you? Someone who rushes through the consultation may rush through the surgery.

3) Were you treated as an individual? Did the surgeon present you with a surgical plan tailor made for you?

4) Plastic surgeons have to have a good eye and meticulous technique. Did the surgeon show you A LOT of before and after pictures, and did you love the results?

5) Talk to other doctors you know. Established plastic surgeons have a reputation in the community, good or bad.

6) Ask to speak to a patient who has had the procedure you want. You are looking for a surgeon who does a lot of what you want. Many patients are eager to share their experience. Privacy is preserved by having the patient call you.

7) If you are having breast augmentation, ask if the surgeon has a large inventory of different size and shape breast implants available in the operating room. A surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery will have an inventory. This way, the final implant choice does not have to be made in advance.

8) With office surgery, make sure the surgical facility is ACCREDITED. Very important safety assurance.

9) Make sure the anesthesia is given by a BOARD CERTIFIED ANESTHESIOLOGIST. Another very important safety factor.

10) Make sure the office has trained nurses available for hands-on post operative care. This can really speed recovery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty Surgeon in San Francisco

+1

Both Corey Maas, MD and Sheldon Kabaker, MD are very experienced, well published Rhinoplasty surgeons in the Bay Area. Good Luck.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon