Do I Need Septoplasty Revision?

I had a Septorhinoplasty 12 days ago. Cast was attached wonkily and my nose morphed the shape- a flat side and ramp side. Doc unconcerned. I haven't been able to breathe through nose until today & it is very difficult with strange whistling. When cleaning I made the mistake of cleaning far up with my q tip and probably moved tissues around. A torch shone up my nostrils shows a big dark cavity, the other normal. Do I appear to need a revision, or am I healing normally?

Nasal obstruction immediately after septorhinoplasty

+2

It is not uncommon to have breathing problems through one side of the nose after a nasal surgery. Both sides do not heal at the same rate and swelling is often asymmetric. I would follow-up with your surgeon and the results can take up to two months before the breathing normalizes.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

12 days post rhinioplasy

+1

If you are twelve days post- septorhinoplasty, it is way too early to determine whether or not you need a revision.

Need for Septoplasty Revision

+1

12 days after surgery it is impossible to determine if a revision will be necessary.  Intra-nasal selling and compromised breathing is normal for several weeks.

Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty and Nasal obstruction

+1

You can have some nasal obstruction after undergoing rhinoplasty, and septoplasty.

As the swelling decreases you should have significant improvement in nasal obstruction.

If it does not improve, please follow up with your surgeon as this can be easily corrected.

Dr. S.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS