Is a Septorhinoplasty Worth It For Me? What Can I Expect?

I'm 15, I need a septorhinoplasty. I'm not sure if its worth it, I could breath some-what, just not well. the surgeon Said my nose was really bad. so, is it painful? would you suggest it? thanks,

Teenager rhinoplasty

+2

It is difficult to render a professional opinion without examining your nose or having a picture to visualize it.  I usually recommend teenagers to wait until they reach age of 17 prior to any cosmetic nasal surgery. You may need to see several board certified surgeons specializing in Nasal surgery prior to committing yourself to surgery. Best wishes, Dr. Sadati

Septorhinoplasty Worth It?

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing your areas of concern

Teens can get very nice results from rhinoplasty

Sam Naficy, MD

Septorhinoplasty at Age 15

+1

At age 15 you and your parents will decide if a septorhinoplasty is worth it. I would consider the operation if you have both breathing problems and do not like the appearance of your nose. Consult  with a rhinoplasty specialist to determine what would be involved with your surgery and to establish   reasonable expectations.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Most patients say that a rhinoplasty is not terribly painful, but they describe more of a sense of discomfort and pressure.  It sounds to me that you are not certain if you want the surgery.  Younreally need to be comfortable with your decision to undergo elective surgery and it doesn't sound like you are entirely comfortable with the idea at this point.  You're only 15 years old.  I would suggest you not rush into anything, and discuss your concerns with your parents. I'm sure they will help you make the right choice.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty in the 15 year old range.

+1

Rhinoplasty in the 15 year old range needs a consultation to answer your questions properly. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.