When Will the Mucuous Crust Attached to Internal Sutures Come off After Septorhinoplasty?

I have undergone my septo rhinoplasty about 3 weeks ago.Internal sutures are dissolved or fallen off on their own. I still have lot of mucuous crust inside my nose (specifically where the sutures were).I use saline spray(4 times a day) and apply petroleum jelly to keep it moist and use humdifier while sleeping..when will the mucuous crust come off? will i have to scrap/gently dig it on my own? Thanks for your time!

Crusts after Rhinoplasty

+1

Do not scrape or dig at the crusts. As Dr Placik suggested, ointment and humidification are appropriate treatments. You can schedule an appointment with your surgeon who may choose to remove them.

Nasal crusting following rhinoplasty (nose job)

+1

Leave it alone and don't touch it. Occasionally a hot steam shower may help to loosen it. IT should separate shortly in its own.