I had septorhinoplasty 2 months ago, I loved my nose when cast was removed, now I feel I can see hump again?

Some days I can see my nose looking better getting flatter, other days it looks like the hump is coming back? Is this just swelling?

Hump two months after septorhinoplasty

+1

It's not unusual for the swelling to wax and wane a little from day to day. At two months you are still in the "wound healing period" so it is best to just give it more time, (6-12 months).

Brookline Plastic Surgeon

Hump again

+1

These are normal cycles of healing with rhinoplasty. You likely will look very different at six months. Try to be patient and not checking the mirror all the time, right now it is your enemy, not your friend.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after septorhinoplasty

+1

There is typically a significant amount of swelling remaining 2 months after surgery, and it can fluctuate day to day. It sounds like this is what you are experiencing; however, without looking at any photos, one cannot be sure.

Web reference: http://www.drjoshuazimm.com/surgical-rhinoplasty-nose-job.html

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.