Hi I Had Septorhinoplasty 1 1/2 Months Ago, Whats Wrong with my Nose? (photo)

I know my nostrils are different sizes this hasn't corrected yet I did not have different size before I did have more work done to one size of nose..bump had been removed (slight bump) on bridge,tip was refined ..nostrils not touched ..but something is off with my columnar and nostril?

Changes in the nose most likely due to swelling.

+2

There still a sizable amount of swelling in the nasal tip. I think any aesthetic issues you have at present can easily be explained by swelling.

Hi I Had Septorhinoplasty 1 1/2 Months Ago, Whats Wrong with my Nose?

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Kenneth Hughes, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

There is something off with the columella but it is hard to tell if this is just swelling that will go away with time. If it does not completely resolve your original surgeon can do a minor revision to correct the problem. You need to be patient and keep in close cordial contact with your surgeon.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Swelling causing early asymmetry after rhinoplasty

+1

You do have some degree of asymmetry but at this point, 6 weeks post op, most of this can be attributed to swelling.  

+1

Was yours an open technique? If yes than that addresses the columella and nostril issues. As for the tip and hump you need more swelling to go down time - like 6 months //

Changes in Nose #nosejob

+1

I have to be honest I just can't really tell a thing from you photos. You are very early in the healing process and it may be may months before you really see the difference. I have not had many patients who ever had two nostrils that were perfectly symmetric. In fact before surgery I usually point out to most people that they are asymmetric so they understand only a certain amount of correction can be expected. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

What is wrong with my nose

+1

Pictures are a bit fuzzy and we just can't see the issue. Of course, you are early in healing and in time you will know how things will sort out.