Had Septorhinoplasty, How Long Must I Wait Before Having Fillers in my Lip Lines?

I had septorhinoplasty 3 weeks ago, how long must I wait before having botok and fillers on the other areas of my face

Fillers and botox after rhinoseptoplasty

+2

3 week should be adequate as long a the surgeon does not manipulate the nose when placing the injectables and there is no obvious swelling in the area to be injected.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Sureon.

A few weeks

+2

It may be hard for your surgeon to see exactly where to place filler until your swelling goes down. A few weeks should be fine!

J. Charles Finn, MD
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait for Swelling to resolve before getting Injectable Fillers

+1

It is best to wait for the initial swelling and bruising to subside before opting for injectable fillers to your lips or having botox. If swelling and bruising have resolved, your doctor should deem you ready for fillers. This may take up to 4 weeks.  Best of luck to you!

Dr. Clevens

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

We frequently place fillers like Restylane and Juvederm in the lips immediately after the Rhinoplasty.  There's no reason that you couldn't have lip fillers anytime, IMHO.

After septorhinoplasty: wait three months for fillers

+1

Hello;

Because your facial surgery was only three weeks ago, it certainly is too soon. 

I think it is very difficult to be sure there is no residual swelling in the upper lip following septorhinoplasty until after three months. 

It's always better in any facial plastic surgery to be conservative and careful. 

It may well be you are getting satisfactory lip “plumpness” because of the postoperative swelling anyway, so hopefully your lip is still looking pretty good and is mimicking the result of the filler. 

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Robert Kotler, MD

Fillers after rhinoplasty

+1

Once the swelling has substantially subsided after rhinoplasty then its OK to have fillers placed in the lips. Three weeks should be adequate.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon