Septorhinoplasty. I have a hump on my bridge 13 days post op. Could it be swelling? (Photo)

I had Septorhinoplasty and turbinate reduction last Tuesday 13th (13 days ago) to both fix my breathing issues and to straighten the bridge of my nose and take a bit of the tip off. I'm happy with one side however I'm not happy with my left side as I can see a hump on the bridge. This is not what I wanted and looks no different to my previous nose. I've heard it could be swelling but it feels like hard bone so it's got me very worried. (Attached picture)

Septorhinoplasty. I have a hump on my bridge 13 days post op. Could it be swelling?

+1
Still very early in the post op stage. But after 3 months if hump still present than not healing/swelling issue... 

+1
Yes, this can be swelling. One of the reasons rhinoplasty is so difficult is that after surgery, the nose goes through a lot of changes. You will need to be patient for your end results, which you won't see for at least 6 months. I tell my patients to wait a year for their final result. Tell and show your surgeon your concerns. Massage, steri-strips, or steroid injections may be recommended. Good luck.

Eric Desman, MD
Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1
It is normal to have swelling after Rhinoplasty. This can make it appear that you still have a "bump" on your nose.  Some people swell more then others and this can depend on how large of a bump you had before.  Show your surgeon the area you are concerned about.   Occasionally taping the nose or massage of the area can help it resolve faster. Some surgeons will inject some steroid in that area as well to help the swelling go away faster. Every situation is different.  This will depend on what was done during surgery and what your nose is doing now.  

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon