Septorhinoplasty at Age 16?

Okay, so I am a 16 year old girl. A few years ago (maybe when I was 9) I was seeing an Otolaryngologist for my ears but of course he also looked at my throat and nose. He mentioned that I have a deviated septum after breaking it many times. I do snore, even after getting my adnoids removed and I do find it difficult to breathe through my nose. My other concern would be the external straightness of my nose. Given what I have said would it be appropriate canidate for this? or is 16 too young?

Septorhinoplasty for Lady at Age 16

+1

At age 16 a young lady is facially mature and old enough to have nasal surgery. Over the last 35 years I've done many rhinoplasties in patients like you. A good surgeon will improve both your appearance and nasal breathing.

Septorhinoplasty at Age 16?

+1

Please share this answer with your parents.  At 16, you're old enough for a Rhinoplasty if your parents agree and you understand that it's a surgery and as such shouldn't be taken lightly.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Appropriate age for septorhinoplasty

+1

It's true that age is an important consideration when thinking about both functional and cosmetic nasal surgery.  However, more important than actual age is whether or not you finished growing.  If so, and you and your parents feel good about proceeding with surgery, age 16 may not be too young, and you could be evaluated again to see if you are indeed an appropriate candidate for surgery.  Good luck. 

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Girls are usually ready for septorhinoplasty by the age of 16

+1

We used to wait at least until the age of 16, but medical studies have shown that if your are past your growth spurt, girls may be candidates for septorhinoplasty as young as 15. What may be more important is emotional maturity to make a well thought out mature decision to have the cosmetic portion of the surgery. Septoplasty will help your breathing but the external surgery has other emotional components.

The one thing I would warn against is having the septoplasty alone then later a rhinoplasty, they should be done together. So, when you are ready for both seek out a rhinoplasty specialist.

Web reference: http://www.mdface.com/proc_teenage_rhinoplasty.html

Septorhinoplasty at Age 16?

+1

Septorhinoplasty is safe for a 16 year old woman. Straightening the septum to improve your breathing and straightening the outside of the nose to improve its appearance are fine as long as you are mature and have reasonable expectations. You will also need your parents consent in order to proceed with surgery. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon