3 Weeks Post Septorhino and It is Hard and Rectangular?

I am now 3 weeks exactly post septorhino and my tip is not round, it is hard and rectangular (slightly pinched as if it is being held on either side), if this is due to swelling will it get even smaller???? PS said that changes made were very subtle, as requested, but I am worried that he over-resected, which is very unlike his work as he is renown for being conservative.

Swelling after rhinoplasty in immediate postoperative period

+2

As you have probably have read from previous posts, after surgery swelling usually develops in the tip of nose which distorts the appearance and it takes 9-12 months for the swelling to resolve. It is natural at this stage to be worried about the appearance, but I assure you that things will improve. It is understandable to be anxious because you just underwent a large procedure on your face and would like to see results for the decision you made. However, the results you seek should occur in due time! If you have chosen your surgeon carefully, I am sure he won't disappoint you.

Too early

+1

Hello. At three weeks you are far from your final result. It is common for patients to be worried about the outcome of rhinoplasty surgery early on but many of these concerns can be attributed to swelling. Over the next year you will see many improvements in the appearance of your nose.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD