Difficulty Breathing 6 Weeks After Septoplasty

I had a septoplasty 6 weeks ago. I still cannot breathe normally and my doctor gave me nasal sprays to clear my breathing and it didn't work. He recommended an ENT and I consulted the ENT doctor. He says I have some enlarged swelling that might be causing the problem. Both my surgeon and the ENT doctor say that it takes 6 months for me to resume normal breathing. In addition, I still have pain, although not too much, but due to the ill breathing I suffer from headaches.

Difficulty breathing after septoplasty

+1

By 6 weeks after a septoplasty you should have 90% of your expected result noted. If you are still having difficulty breathing after a septoplasty, you may have an unrecognized internal or external nasal valve problems that were not addressed during surgery or a septum that has shifted back from the midline. The nasal airflow is narrowest at the internal valve area and this area  could be compromised by trauma, previous nasal surgery or congenital narrowing. The treatment consists of a very thorough exam by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Treatment options may include revision surgery with placement of cartilage grafts in the nose.  You should wait at least 6-12 months before undertaking revision surgery if needed.

Tacoma Facial Plastic Surgeon