Septoplasty, Turbinectomy, Cosmetic Rhinoplasty...tip of my Nose Still Looks Crooked. Is It Still Swollen or Crooked? (photo)

Had my surgery March 1, 2013 (9 days ago). My tip has always been crooked and I told my doctor that I would like it straightened. He said that I have very thick skin (which I have always known) and said it would be more difficult (which I understood) but that he would try his best to correct my concern. Anyways, looking at my nose on day 9, it's very swollen but it still looks crooked to me. Do you think there was any improvement done OR that because it is swollen, it is too early to tell?

Crooked Nose After Surgery

+1

Though it is true that it is more difficult to straighten a nose when the patient has very thick skin, it is by no means impossible. Since you are so early on in the healing process, it's important to continue to be patient during your recovery, which could last between 1-2 years. During this time, your nose will continue to change as swelling decreases. Being only 9 days post-op is too early to see any kind of final results. If you're concerned, I'd recommend scheduling regular follow up appointments with your rhinoplasty surgeon.

Septorhinoplasty 9 Days Postop and Crooked Nose

+1

You are still bruised and massively swollen.  I would not spend any time worrying at this point.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA