Septoplasty/turbinectomy AND Tip Refinement? (photo)

due to breaking my nose i have breathing issues (deviated septum) along with a hump on my nose! my surgery is about 2 weeks away and i'm beginning to get nervous. in addition to correcting my breathing the plan is to narrow my nasal bridge but my ps never mentioned refining the tip. should my tip be refined to improve the results of the procedure? or is this commonly performed without? im afraid my nose will look too wide & i would like the aesthetic appeal to be improved along w/functionality

Rhinoseptoplasty and Tip Work

+1

Whenever the dorsum is reduced and the nasal bones are fractured there is some narrowing to the top of the nose.  If the same proportions are desired as preop, the tip can be narrowed as well.

Rhinoplasty

+1

The important factor is to ensure that results addressing both functionality and aesthetics are achieved.  If you are undecided about your tip, please address this before surgery with your surgeon by making another appointment to iron out the concerns you have.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your tip isn't bad.  The removal of the bump and narrowing the nose are both reasonable, straightforward procedures in your case.  If you want some refinement of your tip, you should ask your surgeon about it.  from my perspective, I like to keep things simple, and your nose could be done without touching the tip.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Septoplasty rhinopasty

+1

i consider you should have at same time, nasal tip refinement, hump removal, may be cartilage graft from septum for the dorsum.discuss with your surgeon the final plan . and make sure you have enough tissue to accomplish this combined surgery

Alberto Di Giuseppe, MBBS
London Plastic Surgeon

+1

Great question! Best to discuss IN PERSON with the surgeon BEFORE having any surgery. So you all are on the same page, NO confusion should exist! 

Rhinoplasty and tip work

+1

I think it is very important for you to review the surgical plan with your surgeon before surgery. Most rhinoplasties include tip work but I always go over what I can do with my patients.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty can be performed on the either the bridge or the tip alone, but the procedure most commonly addresses both features.  I agree that the tip of your nose would benefit small changes to enhance the definition. 

Before deciding to change the tip of your nose it is important to evaluate how you feel about it.  If you are perfectly happy with the size and shape of your nasal tip then there is no reason to change it.  Changing the contours of the tip of your nose takes a lot more time, skill and artistry then just straightening the bridge. 

Before proceeding with a rhinoplasty you should make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page.  A second or third preoperative meeting to discuss your goals may be worthwhile before jumping into surgery. 

Hope this helps.

Christopher Kolstad, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Adding tip refinement to planned rhinoplasty

+1

You could certainly consider adding tip refinement to your upcoming rhinoplasty procedure. The main issue is whether you want that part of your nose changed or not. I'd recommend discussing this with your surgeon to see if he or she is able to add tip surgery your your surgical plan.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Tip refinement

+1

From your photos it appears trhat you would benefit from tip refinement. I am not sure why your ps would not feel comfortable doing this. You need to discuss this with him further.

David Nicholas Csikai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with bulbous tip.

+1

Your nasal bones Re going to be narrowed and your surgeon should have discussed refining your bulbous tip. "if u have to tell the tailor, you are in the wrong place".