Will Septoplasty Surgery Limit or Effect my Wedding/honeymoon (1 month apart)?

I'm having septoplasty surgery and trying to fit it in before my wedding. My concern is my wedding is set for May 26th and my honeymoon at Disney will soon follow. If I have surgery on April 30th, will I have time to recover with no visible flaws for the May 26th wedding? Also, the honeymoon is at Disney, so I will be riding rollercoasters, rides, and be in water. Do I have anything to worry about? Or should I reschedule the surgery date for after the wedding? Thanks!

+1

Some of my patients undergoing septoplasty will have the surgery on Thursday and return to work on Monday.  Of course, it depends on your occupation, age, physical condition etc. but as a general rule, most patients are ready for light activity within one week and certainly, baring any complications, you should be fine for your wedding and honeymoon. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty Recovery

+1

The initial recovery will be one to two weeks. If a septoplasty is performed alone, you should be fine by the time of the wedding. I would also recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding his/her guidelines, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. Thank you, and I hope this helps answer your question.

Septoplasty and Recovery

+1

Generally, a simple septoplasty is fast and relatively painless. Although there is little to no appreciable downtime following a nasal septoplasty, it depends on the extent of your case. If at all possible, try to schedule it far enough in advance or after as to not interfere with your wedding and honeymoon plans.

Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/nasal_contouring.htm

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Yikes, really think this through.  Even though a Septoplasty is all internal and should be a slam dunk recovery...we're talking about one of the biggest days of your life and the activity level is way too high after the surgery.  You risk bleeding and frankly, I wouldn't agree to do your surgery a month before all of that.  Why not have the surgery after you return.  Less risk.  Less drama.  Makes more sense.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Recovery Time for Septoplasty

+1

For my patients, recovery time is 2-3 days of laying on the couch, one week of light activity and return to full activity at two weeks.  You should not have any problems fitting the surgery in before your wedding but remember that these are general guidelines and a more significant surgery would change them.  Make sure your surgeon knows the time frame.

Joseph Campanelli, MD  Midwest Facial Plastics  St Paul, MN

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon