Septoplasty Surgery with Infection?

I have septoplasty and turbinate reduction scheduled for tomorrow! But I think I have an ear infection and possibly sinus also. My ear and sinus cavaities have been hurting all day, I'm going to call my doctor in the morning but I would like other opinions also. Is it safe to go ahead with the surgery if my doctor okays it? Thanks

Septoplasty during an infection

+1

Dear Nikkiwest2012

• Good move on letting your doctor know
  • Fortunately ear infections are very rare in adults
  • If you feel worse in the morning, it would be wise to wait it out

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Septoplasty with Infection is a No

+1

Dear Nikki,

It is always advisable to have elective surgery when you are healthy. If you have any signs of infection either via temperature or symptoms these should be monitored until you are okay and then your surgeon and anesthesiologist will clear you for  surgery. Hope you feel better soon and have a quick recovery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD