Would a Septoplasty Straighten a Nose That is Sort of Pointing to the Left?

hello i just recently had septorinoplasty and before my nose used to curve to my left, after the septoplasty it still looks like it curves to the left, is not the reason its curved be resulting because i had a deviated septum?, therefore getting a septoplasty and straightening the septum shouldn't that make my nose be straight from looking at my face?

Septoplasty Results on Nose Appearance

+1

It depends how the septoplasty was performed.  If only the deviated portion of the septum inside the nose was addressed then this would still leave the outward appearance of your nose looking deviated.  In order to address the outer appearance of your nose, the ENTIRE septum would need to be straightened, i.e. not only the portion of your septum that was blocking your breathing but also the very outer aspects of the septum that is contributing to the outward appearance of your nose.  Additionally, it would need to be determined if the bones of your nose are also contributing to the deviated appearance of your nose as well.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose and septoplasty

+1

Dear altoids

• Sometimes the nose does not fully straighten out...it depends on what your anatomy is
  • As it heals, it may improve, or we can do maneuvers to improve it
  • I would just sit tight and bring this issue up with your surgeon...if it is less than 6 months out, it is probably too early to do anything.

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Septorhinoplasty

+1

A septum may cause deviation inside the nose and not manifest the appearance outside of the nose making the nose look crooked or visa versa. A Septoplasty by itself may or may not correct the straightness of the nose. However when doing a Septorhinoplasty your surgeon should address both the cosmetic and aesthetic functions of the nose. Osteotomies or breaking the nose often needs to be done to straighten the nose as well as other modifying factors. When the proper techniques are done you should have proper breathing function and a nice aesthetic result. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD