Had Septoplasty Done but Septum Deviated a Few Years Later, Worse Than Before?

Deviated septum after surgery

+1

The goal of a septoplasty is to improve nasal breathing.  The septum is rarely perfectly straight after surgery, but this is inconsequential if breathing has been improved.  Worsening obstruction may be due to the septum shifting or bowing.  This may gradually occur over time after an aggressive resection or weakening of the septal cartilage.

Mount Kisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated septum a few years after septoplasty

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. A residual deviated septum can occur, and an exam would be necessary to provide you with the best advice. I would recommend an exam with a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon to see what he/she advises. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

Deviated septum surgery

+1

Dear juliebrightstreet,

1. Things can change over time and there could be another issue that is going on
  2. I would have your nose evaluated to see exactly what is going on

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Web reference: http://www.eosplasticsurgery.com/functional-rhinoplasty.html

Deviated Nasal Septum

+1

Cartilage has the ability to warp (change shape) when it is manipulated. It is possible that the cartilage in your nose warped after surgical manipulation or from additional trauma  (digital trauma, accidents, et cetera). 

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon