Indentation from Pulling out Suture After Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty

I had a Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty 12 days ago when I pulled out a suture connected to a relatively large body of what looked like dried mucus or perhaps a scab. At closer inspection, there seems to be a small but noticeable indentation where my septum had this small mass. Is this something that I should be worried about?

Probably not.

+1

If you are concerned, return to your surgeon and have him take a look so you can be reassured that it is normal part of healing.

Does not sound like a problem after Septo-Rhinoplasty

+1

This sounds like a normal indentation related to the suture which was holding down the tissue. The area around the suture is swollen so it looks like an indentation. This will go away with time as the swelling around it dissipates. Of course, a visit to your surgeon will likely be very helpful to reassure you.

Richard Rival, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Should not be a problem

+1

The indentation is probably just where the mass was sitting. Because everything inside is still swollen, you see the indentation where the mass was sitting. It's like the indentation you see on the couch after you get up. Just like the couch, the indentation should go away.

Of course, without personally examining you, it would be impossible to know this exactly.

If you develop any other problems or continue to be concerned, make sure to follow up with your surgeon.

John Diaz, MD

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

Most likely, removal of intranasal sutures 2 weeks after surgery should not adversely affect your result. If you have any concerns, you should schedule an appointment with your surgeon so that he or she can reassure you that no damage has been done.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon