Lump After Septorhinoplasty an Infection?

Septoplasty/Rhinoplasty: Small round ball lump just above the crease of my right nostril, is this an infection? It has been 7 weeks since I have had my cast off and this small round lump doesn't seem to be budging? I had septoplasty but on my left nostril which seems to have healed fine, it's my right nostril the lump is on. Please help, is this an infection?

Infected Lump after Septorhinoplasty

+2

It is unlikey infection is present if the lump is not tender, increasing in size, or draining 2 months after surgery. Talk to your surgeon about the cause and treatment, which my be just careful observation.

Rhinoplasty infection

+1

A small bump could be scar tissue that needs time to resolve. If you had a nasal implant, then I would be concerned about a possible infection. But, I would go see your plastic surgeon just to reassure yourself.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lump after Septorhinoplasty

+1

Lumps after nasal surgery, rhinoplasty, or septoplasty may be anything. Swelling & sutures are more common lumps that resolve soon after surgery. Only after speaking with your rhinoplasty surgeon can he/she determine the nature and treatment of lumps.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lump after rhinoplasty.

+1

If it is not really sore and getting bigger, it is probably not an infection but swelling and scar tissue onthat side. See your surgeon for the answer.