Nose Still Looks Crooked After Septorhinoplasty - Will Fillers Help?

I got septoplasty/rhinoplasty and my nose is still crooked. Is it scar tissue? I had rhinoplasty and septalplasty 2 years ago and I noticed over time that the tip of my nose is crooked. It leans to the right and I noticed that the left side feels "thicker" then the right. Also I can feel a little pee sized bump under the skin. My surgery was extensive and took longer then expected, plus was expensive. I really don't want to do it again. Is there anyway to fill it?

Nose still looks crooked after septorhinoplasty - fillers help

+2

Sorry for your result. And thanks for the post operative photo. I believe you should consider a re operation instead of fillers. But , yes, fillers can camouflage the deviation. From MIAMI Dr. B

Injection rhinoplasty can make your nose straighter.

+2

But in many cases the improvement is less than undergoing surgery. Furthermore its temporary. Tissue fillers achieve the greatest improvement when a nose appears crooked because one side is depressed. When the bent nose is due to a shift, with one side pushed out sideways, the improvement, if possible also causes the nose to widen. Not something most people will accept. Your picture appears to show you have both problems. So, yes your nose will appear straighter with a tissue filler, but it wont be straight and the width of your nose will increase. You may be satisfied, but I doubt you will be happy. So I would recommend you consider surgery.

Oakley Smith, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may be a good candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure.

+1

A well-performed Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty would add volume to the indented area above the right nostril. Your nose is a bit shifted to your left, and filling the supra-alar crease on your right would lead to a straighter appearance. My personal preference for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty is Silikon-1000 for permanent results.

If any of my colleagues wish to learn more about my experience with Silikon-1000, I am giving an instructional course in Boston at the upcoming Fall Meeting of The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS). The course is titled "Off-Label Applications of Liquid Injectable Silicone (LIS)", and I will be presenting on 9/24/2010 at 4pm. Common conditions treated include: volume replacement, wrinkle reduction, lip enhancement, acne scarring, and correction of many nasal irregularities (“Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty”). I will also be describing the serial puncture, microdroplet technique that is essential for achieving desired results.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers to Treat Crooked Nose

+1

Fillers can be used to mask the crooked appearance. You may achieve a satisfactory result. but this will be temporary. This approach may meet your immediate needs, but ask what would be necessary if you decided to  have a revision surgical procedure.

Fillers for the crooked nose.

+1

The concavity you have on the right can be filled with Radiesse and will make the nose look straighter. It will last 2 or more years. It will not totally be straight since the entire nose is shifted to the left, but appear straighter.