Fat Nose and Deviated Septum Still Present After Septo-Rhinoplasty

I broke my nose about four years ago 8 months ago. I had a Septo-Rhinoplasty for it. However, the results were not what I wanted. It has made my nose fatter and the problem is still there, the bridge of my nose is still deviated, not to mention the lower part of my nose has also become worse. I used to love my nose; is it possible to have it fixed? If yes, what is the procedure called? I live in UK. Could anyone recommend me a good surgeon in my area? I would appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks!

Revision rhinoplasty and septoplasty

+1

It is unfortunate that you had a septorhinoplasty for a broken nose and it is still crooked and twisted. There are procedures such as osteotomies and spreader grafts that could further straighten the nasal pyramid. Airflow dynamics through the nose could be improved with another septoplasty. It is possible to have a revision rhinoplasty at the same time.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

You should seek out a surgeon who performs a ggod number of revision, or secondary rhinoplasties as this is often a more difficult operation than the first rhinoplasty and multiple operations on the nose is best avoided. In other words, go to several consults and try to choose the surgeon who you feel has the best surgical plan to provide the result you desire. Best of luck!

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

You need a revision or secondary rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi!

Bad results after rhinoplasty are not so rare, unfortunately.  I would wait a full year, and then see a nose expert. Contact the British Plastic Surgery Society for names.  And ask to see lots of before and after pictures.  It sounds like you need a secondary rhinoseptoplasty.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)