Can Septoplasty Be Done if Only the Nose is Not Straight but I Can Breath Well ??

Yes, but a rhinoplasty is the name for cosmetic nose surgery

+2

Yes it can be done, but a rhinoplasty is the actual name for a purely cosmetic nasal surgery as you have stated.

Fixing a Deviated Septum

+2

Yes it can. Septoplasty is performed to straighten the nasal septum.  You may have a deviated septum without experiencing any symptoms.  The septal deviation may contribute to assymetry that may be associated with the appearance of your nose.  In many cases, it may be necessary to fix the deviated septum to achieve the desired result from a rhinoplasty. Thank you, and I hope this helps answer your question.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Septoplasty can be part of a Rhinoplasty plan to straighten the nose

+2

Septoplasty can be part of a Rhinoplasty plan to straighten the nose along with medial and lateral osteotomies to straighten the nasal bones.

Septoplasty for crooked nose.

+2

A Septoplasty is a procedure to improve breathing primarily.  If a nose is very crooked, a Septoplasty is often performed.  This is because the crookedness of the septum, if not corrected, will often prevent effective cosmetic straightening of the nose. 

Adam D. Stein, MD
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon