Septoplasty to Improve Nostril Symmetry

I have a deviated septum and have trouble with breathing and stuffiness on one side. I also get headaches fairly frequently. The ENT Dr. says the nostril is 90% blocked. I have no concern with the aesthetics of the exterior part of my nose, therefore I do not want a rhinoplasty. My only concern besides airflow is the uneven nostrils. Will straightening the septum improve the nostril symmetry? I'm not looking for perfection, just wondering if there would be an improvement. Thanks

Septoplasty may improve nostril symmetry

+1

Straightening the anterior caudal septum and the columella will improve the airflow dynamics through the nose and straighten the lower third of the nose. It also helps improve symmetry on the nostrils. Look for a very experienced facial plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of septoplasty and rhinoplasty surgeries.

Septoplasty will improve nostril symmetry

+1

Regarding: :"Septoplasty to Improve Nostril Symmetry
I have a deviated septum and have trouble with breathing and stuffiness on one side. I also get headaches fairly frequently. The ENT Dr. says the nostril is 90% blocked. I have no concern with the aesthetics of the exterior part of my nose, therefore I do not want a rhinoplasty. My only concern besides airflow is the uneven nostrils. Will straightening the septum improve the nostril symmetry? I'm not looking for perfection, just wondering if there would be an improvement
. "

From the appearance of your head on worm's eye view photograph the front (caudal) end of your septum is buckled into your right nostril. This is probably associated with left inferior turbinate hypertrophy. The result is a significant compromise of your airways and deformity of your nostrils.

In my opinion, a Septoplasty in which the septum was straightened and returned to the midline would GREATLY improve your breathing and make your nostrils more symmetrical. The inferior turbinates would have to be dealt with as well if enlarged.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea