Will Septoplasty Help Me? Is There Any Hope for Me?

I have had two nose jobs one big one and one smaller revision. The revision seem to make my nose even more crooked and now its flat on one side. It looks horrible. I am thinking my doctor never addressed the deviated septum and I made need septoplastey. Please help I am desperate as you can see by my warped nose.

+2

It appears that your bones are midline, but the tip deviates to the right.  Therefore, it is likely that you have a deviated septum.  One thing you did not mention is whether you have nasal obstruction, which could also be due to septal deviation.  There are certainly other factors that may have lead to deviation of your tip, such as tip cartilage asymmetry, scar contracture, etc.  However, I would have a rhinoplasty surgeon evaluate your septum first as the potential culprit.  Hope this helps...

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty does not change exterior of nose

+1

A septoplasty is not performed for a warped nose. The septoplasty corrects a deviated septum and is done out of medical necessity for nasal obstruction and is billed to the patient’s insurance. Any deviation on the external portion of the nose is addressed through a rhinoplasty procedure and is considered cosmetic.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Septoplasty for Deviated Nose

+1

Hi susancharle420 in southern california,

Rhinoplasty for the deviated nose is not one operation but many potential operations to improve symmetry. The most common reason for a twisted nose is a deviated septum. Routine septoplasty to improve nasal breathing does not alter the shape or appearance of the nose. Septoplasty for a deviated septum can improve asymmetry of the nose. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/reconstructive-surgery/nose-surgery.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated nose

+1

From the picture you posted it seems you have a deviated nose.

The bony pyramid seems ok. If You did not have a septoplasty, that is good. Because it is most probably S shaped deviation and that can be corrected and the nasal septum is a source of a graft that will help straighten the nose and support your valve for better breathing (Spreader graft).