Is Septoplasty a Better Surgery to Repair Deviated Septum?

I was wondering if Septoplasty would be the best procedure for repairing a deviated septum? Or if a broken nose would require a combination of Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty to be repaired. Plus, approximately how much Septoplasty costs in the United States?

Septoplasty or Septorhinoplasty and cost?

+1
A Septoplasty is the procedure of fixing the septum of the nose due to functional difficulties. The rhinoplasty is for the cosmetic portion of the nose and when done in conjunction this is simply called a Septorhinoplasty! Depending on your Insurance and symptoms a Septoplasty may sometimes be covered by insurance. The costs vary from surgeon to surgeon and patient to patient depending on the extent of the procedure. I would say an average is between $3500.00 to $6500.00. I hope this is helpful to you make sure you see a reputable surgeon in your area who performs many of these procedures.

Septoplasty for broken nose

+1

If your nose look OK and you just can't breathe well then a septoplasty is typically what you need.  If your nose is crooked then you typically also need a rhinoplasty

Sam Naficy, MD

Treatment of deviated septum

+1

This is a great question.

Without an examination it is difficult to say. If your nasal bones are straight and only the septum is deviated, then in most cases only a septoplasty will suffice.

If the nasal bone is deviated as well, then the bone needs to be broken and repositioned with the septum.

This is a generalization and each patient is different.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty vs Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to determine exactly what your needs are without seeing additional photos and/or performing an examination. You can fix a deviated septum without performing rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty may be necessary depending on what type of trauma you experienced and your individual circumstances. If you wish, you may send any photos to my office and I would be happy to evaluate them for you.

Cost for a septoplasty only can range from $3500 to $6500. It is possible for insurance to cover all or part of this depending on the issues you are experiencing and what insurance you carry. They may cover a functional portion of the rhinoplasty as well. Thank you and best of luck.

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Septoplasty or Rhinoplasty

+1

It depend on what you are repairing.

If the problem is ONLY deviated septum and Breathing problems, and nothing with the nose, then a septoplasty is enough.

If your problem involves the crocked nose and want to repair then septo-rhinoplasty.

Septoplasty vs. Rhinoplasty / Septoplasty

+1

If the only defect to be corrected is the septum - the only operation required is a Septoplasty. But, if your nose requires a septum correction AND any corrective or cosmetic surgery of the nose, them you would require from BOTH a Septo-rhinoplasty. Prices for this procedure vary widely in different parts of the country.

Dr. P. Aldea