If I'm Getting Septoplasty Can I Get a Little Cosmetic Work Done As Well with Little Added Cost?

I have to get Septoplasty to reduce breathing through only my mouth. I don't like my nose shape and was wondering if during the procedure of fixing my septum they could do minor cosmetic surgery at the same time with little added cost.

Rhinoplasty in addition to septoplasty

+1

While septoplasty to improve functional nasal obstruction is typically covered by insurance, cosmetic rhinoplasty is not.  For most surgeons adding rhinoplasty will add more than "a little" cost as it is an additional, separate procedure.  Never hurts to ask your surgeon to find out for sure, though.  

Adding cosmetic procedure to septoplasty

+1

The septoplasty and rhinoplasty operation are 2 completely separate operations.  The septoplasty operation is billed to the patient’s medical insurance due to the medical necessity for breathing.  Any cosmetic surgery must be paid for by the patients themself.  The cosmetic surgery is much more complicated and extensive and takes longer to perform than the actual septoplasty.  The cost of a rhinoplasty added to a septoplasty in our office is aroung $6,500, which includes the operating room, the anesthesias, and the surgeon’s fee for performing the procedure.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Doing the cosmetic Rhinoplasty is a decision you have to make. Speak with your surgeon about adding the cosmetic portion and the cost.