I Had a Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty a Month Ago but I Still Had Swelling So Can I Use Ice Packs on Nose?

i had a septoplasty and rhinoplasty a month ago but i still had swelling so can i use icepacks on nose.,,,to reduce the swelling ,,or i wwould wait......for the monsoon to goo off

Will Ice still work on my swelling a month out?

+1

Dear Rohulmm,

Ice helps with swelling early after an injury or surgery by decreasing inflammation and constricting blood vessels.  This effect does not help wil long term swelling.  Best to sleep in a recliner type position and avoid vigorous activity in order to decrease the swelling.

Best Wishes,

PAblo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Ice packs at one month is unlikely to affect nose swelling

+1

Thank you for the question.  Using ice to reduce or minimize swelling is likely only beneficial in the first few days after any surgery.  At one month, time, head position, and physical exertion will likely be the most important factors in swelling.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD