Septoplasty After 7 Months?

I am a 20 year old male. Had my septoplasty about seven months ago and still suffer from congestion. After a surgery for about 3 months I felt great but now It seems mucus is building up and it's blocking my nose. Sometimes it opens up like there's no mucus and sometimes I can breathe but I cannot smell from my nose. I'm really confused can anyone help?

Congestion after septoplasty

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing following your procedure. An exam would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice. I would recommend seeing a board certified ENT to help determine the cause of your problem. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Septoplasty

+1

Dear Banbouk,

• It looks like you may have allergic issues in addition to a deviated septum
  • Sometimes, something surgical can be done, other times, a nasal spray like nasonex works really well for problems like this
  • The best thing to do it go in for an exam so we can see exactly why you are having these symptoms

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD