Septoplasty 17 Days Ago?

Hi, I had a septoplasty 17 days ago. From what I understand should have been a pretty minor septoplasty. I do not feel anymore scabbing or soreness (very slight). There is constant whistling and hissing through the nostril that was closed before. It makes it very hard to get a good night sleep and wakes my wife. Although I am not too congested nasal decongestant spray helps (sinex). I cannot use sinex more than a couple days at a time. So would a steroid spray be helpful? Is this normal?

Deviated septum surgery

+1

Dear bheadie,

• I agree with the last doctor
  • You should see your surgeon ASAP so they can see exactly what is going on and then recommend what you would need to feel better

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Post Septoplasty Recovery

+1

Dear Bheadie, I would suggest an immediate appointment with your surgeon for a direct examination. You may have a possible perforation of the septum which may cause the whistling and hissing you are experiencing. Your surgeon will also direct you on the proper usage of sprays and which types he/she would like used and their frequency. Your surgeon may want you to use a saline spray everyday and a steroidal spray on limited usage. You will need to discuss this with your surgeon. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD