Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction Performed 3 Months Ago. Very Restricted Airways Still Present?

The reason I had this done was to cure my breathing problems. I could never breathe out of my right nostril too well so my ENT performed the surgery. After 3 months i still cannot breathe well at all out of my right nostril. It is like there is permanent swelling. If you try to blow your nose it's just dry, annoying nothing. Surgery didn't help at all and I spent 3 nights in the ER after my surgery due to bleeding. Eventually they electro cauterized it and now I have an infection. Please help.

Septoplasty and Turbinate Reduction

+1

Dear AJ, This is an unusual circumstance as most patients start healing well and have markedly improved breathing at this stage. You state you spent three evenings in the emergency room? This excessive bleeding, swelling and now infection have delayed the healing process and need to be addressed by your treating surgeon. I would hope you are currently being treated for the infection and I would suggest if you haven't already that you speak with your surgeon regarding your other symptoms as he/she should prescribe a nasal spray to help with these. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.