Septo-rhinoplasty, 7 Weeks Ago, Can't Breathe, What Can be Done?

I had a septo-rhinoplasty with inferior turbinate reduction about seven weeks ago. I feel that I can never get enough airflow through my nose. (My breathing was fine before surgery. Went in to remove a small bump, found out about twisted septum.) Now, the primary doctor says all looks fine. However, I feel I can't *pull* through enough air. It wakes me up at night and slows me down all day. Have I simply made my nose too small now? My work and sleep are suffering, and I'm beyond distraught.

Nasal obstruction after septorhinoplasty

+2

The healing should be enough by eight weeks to allow you to breathe. The important question is, 'Do you breathe well through your nose at ANY time at all, even if it is brief. If you do then your blockage is from swelling that goes up and down. If on the other hand you have not a moment of good breathing then it is a structural issue and you need to get checked. It never hurts to get a second opinion. In the mean time make sure you are using plenty of Saline Spray and a cool mist humidifier in your bedroom at night.

Disclaimer:

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon