Septo-Rhinoplasty Options for better breathing and appearance (Photo)

Firstly, I have a deviated septum which needs to be corrected. So, I'm looking to correct the ds as well as have rhinoplasty at the same time to reduce the bulbous tip of my nose and have an overall more pleasing nasal shape. Given the existing natural shape of my nose, what techniques or procedures can be done to improve the appearance of my nose that can be performed at the same time as septoplasty? Is it better to have surgical or non-surgical done by laser?

Rhinoplasty for correction of bulbous tip and deviated septum, etc.

Rhinoplasty for correction of bulbous tip and deviated septum, etc.can be done to give u what u want. There is no non surgical way to do this. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon since u have a very short nose and the surgeon must know how to narrow your tip without causing further shortening. 

Therapeutic and cosmetic solution at the same time

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a corrective rhinoplasty dealing with the aspects of your nose that are bothering you while addressing the breathing issues described. There is no doubt that complementing your facial features and providing you with a natural look will be the major change you will enjoy.

However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Functional and cosmetic rhinoplasty

You have a pleasing dorsum with a nice supratip break.  I would recommend nasal tip cartilage suturing and excision with a small graft to refine it and add more projection.  This can be done with a septoplasty and turbinectomy to improve your breathing. 

Septo-Rhinoplasty Options for better breathing and appearance

The tip can be refined at the time of the septoplasty through a closed approach without any visible scars.

Septoplasty and rhinoplasty performed together

The septoplasty  is performed to improve air flow through the nose from a blockage of bone and cartilage in the back of the nose. This is performed when medical necessity has been determined and this component of the surgery is billed to the patient's medical insurance.
The rhinoplasty procedure would involve reduction of the bulbous tip with a combination of cartilage removal and suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages. Osteotomies of the nasal bones may be required to narrow the bridge line slightly. Consider a small chin implant placement to improve your weak chin profile  that is present for better facial  balance. For many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty/ chin implant photo gallery

Bulbous tip

The lower third (tip) of your nose is out of proportion  to the upper two thirds. Tip reduction and reshaping/repositioning will enhance your overall look significantly. There are no laser or nonsurgical ways to do this.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septoplasty to Improve Breathing with Cosmetic Changes

Functional and cosmetic changes are best done at the same time. Your tip can be narrowed and refined and your profile minimally augmented to give you natural result. Consider a chin implant which will also improve facial balance.