I Had Septo Rhinoplasty 6 Months Ago and I Have Uneven Swelling Still is This Normal? (photo)

I can feel a little bump on the right side of my bridge when I massage it it goes down but not sure if its cartilage or swelling .sorry I had a pimple on the same swollen side of my nose

Asymmetry can be explained by swelling after rhinoplasty.

+1

I see the asymmetry referred to in the picture. Fortunately this may very well be due to asymmetric swelling. Remain patient.

Revision rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+1

It is usually best to wait at least a year after the primary rhinoplasty before undergoing a revision. Asymmetrical nasal bones and upper lateral cartilages like  this are best treated with osteotomies and a spreader graft composed of the patient's own nasal cartilage inserted into the concave side. Please see the link below for examples of twisted noses we have repaired in our rhinoplasty practice

Nasal bridge swelling at 6 months should be minimal

+1

Hello Sarai,

Thank you for the question and the excellent photos.  I do see the same asymmetry that you point out.  If this asymmetry was mild and it was nearer to your surgery date I could envision it being secondary to swelling, however the asymmetry that you have seems to be appreciable and at 6 months swelling at that level of then nose would not be enough to account for that amount of asymmetry.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Post op rhinoplasty

+1

You phos indicate asymmetry of your nose which will rob ably not improve with time. Was your nose asymmetric prior to the surgery? It would be helpful to see your before photos to know for sure. Otherwise, you may need a revision of your rhinoplasty and the bones rebroken.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Uneven "Swelling" 6 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

We typically advise patients to wait for 1 year after surgery to evaluate their results. However, the location of the asymmetry seen in your pictures is usually resolved 6 months post-op. Consult with your surgeon or get a second opinion from someone else who can make recommendations after examining you.

Nasal asymmetry

+1

The right middle third of your nose requires further narrowing and the asymmetry you see is not likely due to swelling at this point. This will probably require a revision, but should not be done sooner than 12 months after your initial surgery to allow for adequate healing time. Talk to your surgeon and see how comfortable he/should will be in addressing your concern.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Swelling From Rhinoplasty Should Be Gone By 6 Months

+1

Hi Sarai,  It appears that the left middle third of your nose is narrower than on your right side.  The swelling from your surgery should be down 6 months after surgery.  You should see your rhinoplasty surgeon and discuss your concerns and be examined.  You may benefit from a small amount of injectable filler to balance your nose for the next 6 months.  If you have continued asymmetry at that time, then you may consider revision rhinoplasty.  Good luck and be well.   Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

I Had Septo Rhinoplasty 6 Months Ago and I Have Uneven Swelling Still is This Normal?

+1

Most swelling is typically gone at 6 months, considering that it does appear that you had a closed approach procedure. It does appear that the right nasal bone is laterally positioned relative to the left side. You should bring this to your Facial Plastic Surgeon's attention. If they are unable to help, you can seek a second opinion. In most cases, we would wait up to 12 months prior to performing a revision. However, if the only issue is a bone that healed in the wrong position you could have that remedied sooner. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

I Have Uneven Swelling Still is This Normal?

+1

Dear Sarai,

Thank you for your question.  You seem to have a bit of a curvature to your nose.  Its hard to think that this is swelling on the right side of your nose this far out.  Some swelling to the tip may be normal at six months.  Visit your surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon