Septo-Rhino- Just Got Cast Off- Nose Not Upturned Enough? Scared It Will Droop Lower Once Swelling is Gone? (photo)

YHi... so basically, I had sept-rhino procedure done. It's been 7 days, I got my cast off today, and I like it... but feel that the nose is already appearing to droop. I feel as though it's not turned up enough to allow that feminine slope i wanted, and now the tip will droop even lower after it heals. Can I tape the nose up at night/any time to help elevate it? Or will it elevation appear correctly after the swelling goes down? The Dr. said my tip was VERY swollen. What are your thoughts ??

Rhinoplasty Tip too Low

+2

Final tip position depends upon a multitude of factors.  If a cephalic trim was performed with a closed rhinoplasty (no external scar), the tip elevation will continue to improve for several months.  Final position depends upon suture techniques used, amount of swelling, whether it was an open or closed rhinoplasty, whether columellar struts or other grafts were employed, etc.  Ask your surgeon about the specifics.  However, this is way too early to judge the results of a rhinoplasty.

Septo-Rhino- Just Got Cast Off- Nose Not Upturned Enough? Scared It Will Droop Lower Once Swelling is Gone?

+1

MUCH too early to comment. Allow at least 3 weeks healing time before worrying about the results. Also discuss with your surgeon in greater detail. 

Nasal tip and swelling

+1

Your profile looks good. Your tip looks ok.  Your tip angle is OK, but maybe could have been slightly higher. It will change more with time.