Septo-Rhino 7 days ago- Just Got Cast Off- Nose Not Upturned Enough? Scared It Will Droop Lower Once Swelling is Gone? (photo)

Hi... so basically, I had sept-rhino procedure done. It's been 7 days, I got my cast off today, and I like it... but feel that the nose is already appearing to droop. I feel as though it's not turned up enough to allow that feminine slope i wanted, and now the tip will droop even lower after it heals. Can I tape the nose up at night/any time to help elevate it? Or will it elevation appear correctly after the swelling goes down? The Dr. said my tip was VERY swollen... just worried. Please help!!

Nice profile only one week after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+2

Your smiling profile photo looks nice. Unfortunately, this photo is not enough information to comment on the rotation of your tip. Feel free to re ask your query with a non-smiling profile and frontal photo.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Septo-Rhino- Just Got Cast Off- Nose Not Upturned Enough? Scared It Will Droop Lower Once Swelling is Gone? (photo)

+1

As you stared only 7 days!!! So it is a waiting game now. Allow at least3 months of healing before asking for revision. 

Under rotated tip after rhinoplasty

+1
We can see in the photo what your concern is, and it is true that the tip will fall slightly after rhinoplasty, though it never will rise during healing. Best now to wait it out and see what shapes up after several months.

Rhinoplasty post op

+1

The profile of the bridge looks fine but I see what you mean about the tip not being shortened.  Of course, I don't know what your nose looked like before.  You need to wait a year before having any sort of revision, but shortening the nose is not a very involved procedure.  It doesn't require breaking the bones again but just some strategic removal of excess cartilage and mucosa. I could do this with a closed rhinoplasty, even if you had an open one to begin with, and it would take less than 1 hour.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty and results

+1

At one week post-op it is too early to worry too much. Your profile looks nice, perhaps the tip could have been raised some more. But it may look better in a few months.

Rhinoplasty final result usually visible at four months.

+1

Hi.

There is no point in worrying one week after surgery.  It is possible that the tip could be a little higher, but it looks fine.  In any case, you will not know for sure for months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tip Droopy After Rhinoplasty

+1

The tip continues to elevate in some patients as the swelling goes down, but it is usually not an enormous difference.  At any rate it is too early to determine long term results.  Taping may be of benefit, but that is based on anecdotal evidence.