Septal Perforation Repair - Post-op? (photo)

I recently had a septal perforation repair. Everything looks great on one side however though the other nostril, I am unable to breathe in/out. It appears that there is now a small protrusion from my septum, it's just a small piece of skin that doesn't appear to attach to anything. This was not there prior to surgery. I believe it's partly causing the blockage of the nostril which is making breathing difficult. Is this normal or is this something that will be removed in the future?

Post Septal Perforation Repair

+2

I would suggest seeing your treating surgeon for a follow up appointment and a direct examination inside the nose to see what is currently causing this blockage. Upon this direct examination your surgeon will be able to give you a proper diagnosis and prognosis for the future. I am sorry I am unable to be of any more help however via internet is just not a good place to answer this question which requires an exam. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.