Will Septal hematoma deform my nose?

I am a 23 year old healthy male. A week after my septorhinoplasty, hit my nose and got a hematoma. My ENT surgen drained it the next day. My surgeon is awesome, he helped me stay positive about the situation, but I am really worried. A second and third opinion would be nice to read since this is a rare case. How much more complicated will this make the healing process? Although my doctor said we caught it early, what is early and late when it comes to the cells being damaged in the septum?

Septal hematoma

+1

Sounds like your surgeon did the right thing. Usually if you did not have an infection with the hematoma and it was drained early, you should be fine. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

A Septal Hematoma Treated Timely after a Septorhinoplasty Should Not Cause Damage

+1

A septal hematoma that is treated quickly and effectively should not in itself cause damage to the nose. A septal hematoma that is not adequately and quickly treated can cause damage to the cartilage in the nose. I would have you nose continually evaluated by your PS to make sure it is healing well.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will Septal hematoma deform my nose?

+1

Your best source of information is your surgeon as he has intervened and examined you. Everything else is speculation.

Septal hematoma

+1

One week is definitely early, so I would not worry to much about it anymore. Delayed or prolonged hematomas of the septum may cause cartilage to breakdown and thus affect the structural support of the nose. Doesn't sound like you're going to have to deal with any of these issues luckily.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD